Some of the rocky coastline seen from the lookout at Martin Point.Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Christmas Island is in the Indian Ocean Territory of Australia. It's about 360 km south of Jakarta, Indonesia, and a 3 hour 40 minute flight from Perth. Our local population is largely Chinese, followed by Malay. The rest of us fall into the minority. If you enjoy the virtual tour here, you should come and visit. The real thing is always better :-)
2 comments:
These are gorgeous photos Allison. Are you getting writing time too, or just photo time? We're all jealous, of course. Well, I am anyway. It doesn't look so interesting where I live.
Carolyn, save your pennies and come and see it for your self. A different airline won the next contract with the Island. At the moment airfares are a lot cheaper - $1,000 round trip from Perth. If you get cheap tickets between Adelaide and Perth you can do it for $1,400. I know that's still a lot of money, but you won't have to pay for accommodation here - we have a spare room.
A lot of my creative energy is going into photography at the moment. I want to have as many photos prepared for printing when I go back to SA in April as possible. I am putting together small photo packs for sale through the Information Centre, as well as some 5" x 7" photos with mats.
Post a Comment