Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Katydid (I worked out what it is!)

I'm not sure exactly what this is - it looks a little like a grasshopper. I found it when we were setting up for my birthday party.

This was one of my first photographs. Afterwards, it moved to a position where it could watch me. Every time after that when I moved to get a side shot, it moved to stay facing me. I gave up and put my hand out to see what it would do. It climbed onto my hand. So I carried it over to a tree trunk where it climbed off and up the tree :-)

2 comments:

Brian said...

With long antennae like that my guess is that it is a cricket - they come in all shapes and sizes

Allison and Simon said...

Thanks Dad - cricket does seem to fit this little critter better. I'm going to have to take photos like this to someone at National Parks to see if they can tell me.