
while we were still in the jungle we could hear the male frigates warbling - we think it is their mating call or challenge.
Christmas Island is in the Indian Ocean Territory of Australia. It's about 360 km south of Jakarta, Indonesia, and a 3 hour 40 minute flight from Perth. Our local population is largely Chinese, followed by Malay. The rest of us fall into the minority. If you enjoy the virtual tour here, you should come and visit. The real thing is always better :-)
5 comments:
Just wondering Allison, did you pay this much attention to creatures in Gawler?
You're doing a great job of capturing the Christmas Island wildlife.
Carolyn, surprising or not, yes I did. I used to go on "photo walks" and take photographs of anything interesting I spotted. That's how I generated a lot of the images that went into my book of Haiga. Of course, I wondered further afield than Gawler. I used to keep my camera in my car and when ever an opportunity arose (including time) I stopped and got out my camera.
Well that's interesting. I've been looking at old farm buildings, but I never remember to bring my camera with me.
I'm meant to be working on my novel, and another short story for the Jeff Guess workshops organised by the Gawler library.
Helen Lindstrom is going, and various other Gawler people. Interesting, ut I'm not sure if it's going to lead anywhere much. The novel is stuck at first draft stage (slightly beyond that, but not much), and I'm wasting/spending far too much time blogging.
Carolyn, I hope you start to keep your camera in the car - at least when the weather isn't hot enough to melt it!
Say hi to Jeff when you see him. I have been out of contact with him for a while now. If he can't work out who you are talking about - tell him "frangipani".
If you are stuck with your novel, the workshop should help to shift it - at least, I hope it does.
I don't think your time spent blogging is a waste - I really enjoy getting posts from you :-)
Thanks for your thoughts and words Allison. If I remember to, I'll certainly mention you to Jeff. The workshops are interesting, I've met some people I'd never have met otherwise. I've written a short story in the class the week before last, edited it, and gave it to Jeff last week to see what he thinks.
We're all supposed to be thinking about a character we're creating over the next few weeks, and then we'll be writing a short story about them. It seems odd, but I hope it will work.
We had to pay in advance, so I have to keep going,otherwise I've done my dough!
Post a Comment