Sunday, February 1, 2009

Moray Eel

Michael was swimming tight circles around me. When I told him that he was swimming over the top of a Moray Eel, he got out of my way very quickly :-)

7 comments:

Sasha said...

Hi Allison, Your fisth photos are very good. The new camera must be a special one to get these.
It is still very hot here. A lot of my grape vine leaves are turning yellow and falling off. I walked down Frome Rd this morning on my way to do my Volunteer stint at Adelaide Zoo and noticed the piles of leaves fallen from the Plane trees. Rats have also eaten the majority of my grapes and gnawed off parsley leaves, chewed into ripening tomatoes.
We are holding the first of the haiku group meetings at the SA Writers Centre this Saturday. If your friend wants to come she would be welcome. I think you should have the details I sent people on the list.

Carolyn Cordon said...

Hi Allison, you have absolutely no excuses - you have so many great images. Are you working on the great words to go with them?

Anthea said...

im waiting for the day michael DOESNT run away :P speaking of running away, i hightailed it out of the bedroom lastnight with a scared little squeak, as i found a white tip spider on the bed. :p

Morays are so cool

Carolyn Cordon said...

Allison, how can I get in contact with Diamond? I'm interested in the haiku group mentioned.

Also, could you go to my website and vote on the question I've posted - Should Poetry Rhyme?

I reckon I know your answer, obviously, but any comments you leave would be very welcome.

this is the URL: http://carolyn-poeticpause.blogspot.com/

Thanks hugely. I'm getting excited - we're announcing the winners of the Tracks and Tails' poetry competition on 28 February at the Mallala Hotel, with an open mic session after. Should be fun. We had record entries this year, next year should be even better.

Carolyn Cordon said...

Oh I forgot to say - The photos you've posted here have been fascinating.
I've enjoyed looking at them as I sit in my coolish home escaping the awful heat. And another hot one today and Saturday.

Allison and Simon said...

Hi Lyn

I typed up a comment last time I was on the internet, but got kicked off when I went to post it. My paid hour was up. I have forwarded that information to Carolyn (below). But she won't get it's too late for the Feb meeting.

My "new" underwater camera is not my friend at the moment. The screen has stopped working. It still takes photos, but I can't see what I am photographing. So most photos aren't working out any more. I have to chase up with the manufacturer.

Carolyn - you would think I could be creative in writing as well as photography at the moment? Alas, it hasn't been so. But I hope to rectify that in the near future.

I have sent you an email with Lyn's (Diamond) details.

Also, when I am connected to the internet at home I will take a look at your website. At the moment I am paying $8 per hour and have a long list of things to get through, so won't have time.

Anthea, I trust your Knight in Shining armour dealt with the nasty spider?

Carolyn Cordon said...

Thank you heaps Allison. I received the email, and I'll try to remember to follow up on it tomorrow (Friday).