On Australia Day, Christmas Island experienced approximately a 75% solar eclipse. This photo looks like a night time shot, but that is because I had a special material taped to the end of my camera lens so that I could shoot directly into the sun. The material looks like a plastic aluminium.Cocos Keeling Islands experienced 100% of the eclipse. Unfortunately, they had rain so were too overcast to see anything.
3 comments:
its good to be able to see it even second hand. I got so excited and then disapointed adelaide saw next to none of it.
Solar eclipses with the naked eye aren't very exciting. All that happens is that it becomes darker, as though it were overcast or twilight. If you get a full eclipse it is more spectacular because you are plunged into darkness in the middle of the day. I experienced a full solar eclipse when I was in Primary School - not sure which year.
I think it was in the mid seventies. I could be wrong, but I kind of remember it.
Post a Comment