Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fish guide


I'm going to buy a book that catalogues Christmas Island fish so I know what I am photographing. There are so many of them, and all so beautifully coloured!

2 comments:

Sasha said...

Allison, have you taken off the comment feature? Can't see it on newer posts. I don't know what the berries are. Maybe mulberries, but suggest asking a local about edibility before trying. How about some shots of Christmas Island scenery for those of us who haven't been there.
You missed a 41 degree day in Adelaide yesterday.

Allison and Simon said...

Hi Lyn

I noticed that the newer posts didn't have a comment link. I checked my settings and I think I have fixed the problem. I even managed to fix the existing posts.

No, I didn't miss that 41 degree day in Adelaide. I'm still here finishing up work. Everything I'm posting at the moment is from the week I spent on CI with Simon at Christmas. I fly to Perth on Thursday 21st Jan., then on to CI on Friday 22nd. Once I'm back on the Island I will take some scenery photos and post them. As you can see already though - I like my "macro" shots :-)

Simon has the camera with him on CI at the moment - but because it's my prize toy he's too scared to use it without me supervising.

Someone else has already said that the berries are mulberries. So that confirms your suspicions.

Cheers, Allison