I took Anne to explore rock pools this afternoon. We both thought this Black Sea Cucumber was amazing. When I first spotted it, I thought it was rubbish, until I looked closer and saw it moving. It's normally found with its back end under coral or a rock - just like this one. We could see it feeding, picking up sand with its delicate feathery tentacles and putting them into its mouth. Sea Cucumbers stick to a small territory and have distinct separate genders.
Monday, May 11, 2009
Black Sea Cucumber
I took Anne to explore rock pools this afternoon. We both thought this Black Sea Cucumber was amazing. When I first spotted it, I thought it was rubbish, until I looked closer and saw it moving. It's normally found with its back end under coral or a rock - just like this one. We could see it feeding, picking up sand with its delicate feathery tentacles and putting them into its mouth. Sea Cucumbers stick to a small territory and have distinct separate genders.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment