



I got up at 1am to take these photos. It got progressively more overcast and difficult. By 2:30am it had started to rain, so I packed up and went back to bed.
Christmas Island is in the Indian Ocean Territory of Australia. It's about 360 km south of Jakarta, Indonesia, and a 3 hour 40 minute flight from Perth. Our local population is largely Chinese, followed by Malay. The rest of us fall into the minority. If you enjoy the virtual tour here, you should come and visit. The real thing is always better :-)
3 comments:
love the moon photographs. I love the moon. four of my published children's poems are on the moon
I just visited your hiaga blog but noticed you have done none for a long time. Why did you stop?
Hi John. Thanks for visiting both my blogs.
I have many more haiga that aren't on my haiga blog. One reason I haven't posted them is because many are in a book. Although I haven't done anything to actively sell more copies in quite some time, so I could probably load them onto my blog. Although the other reason would be - why bother? If I knew the interest was out there I would do something about it.
I still occasionally create haiga. I sold a couple printed onto canvas at last year's local art exhibition. They are on my business web site. Mostly I have been channelling my creativity into other pursuits. I always eventually go full circle though and come back to the poetry. I have recently started submitting some haiku into on email Kukai (competition). Who knows, I might start putting haiku to lino prints...
I was curious who your FB friend is that is into haiga. I know Carolyn got into writing haiku for a while, but I don't think she is the one doing haiga?
Post a Comment