I spotted this urchin hiding in a crevice while I was snorkelling. I am continually amazed at the tiny places that these creatures can squeeze themselves into.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Christmas Island is in the Indian Ocean Territory of Australia. It's about 360 km south of Jakarta, Indonesia, and a 3 hour 40 minute flight from Perth. Our local population is largely Chinese, followed by Malay. The rest of us fall into the minority. If you enjoy the virtual tour here, you should come and visit. The real thing is always better :-)
2 comments:
It's amazing where these spiney guys can get into!
Nice blog. My wife and I loved Christmas Island when we were there about 11 years ago doing some birding.
Thanks for leaving a comment Richard. Sounds like you are due for another trip to CI? Although at the moment DIAC are booking up all the accommodation and hire vehicles, which is making it difficult for tourists to plan their stay.
Cheers. Allison
Post a Comment