An exhausted Anthea after a week of adventuring on Christmas Island.
Friday, July 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Christmas Island is in the Indian Ocean Territory of Australia. It's about 360 km south of Jakarta, Indonesia, and a 3 hour 40 minute flight from Perth. Our local population is largely Chinese, followed by Malay. The rest of us fall into the minority. If you enjoy the virtual tour here, you should come and visit. The real thing is always better :-)
3 comments:
does Anthea know you took that photo? I guess she'd know that anything is fair game to your camera. I keep hearing about Christmas Island, it seems to be the hottest travel destination.
LOL - yes, she knew if she went to sleep on the lounge I would get a photo. She gave me permission to post it.
CI is certainly a sought after destination. Between refugees, immigration workers, and tourists, our population is booming.
Simon and I have been on Cocos (Keeling) Islands for the last 12 days, so we have a bit of catching up to do now that we are back on CI.
I'll be posting photos from Cocos soon - another tropical paradise.
Allison, I love seeing this picture of Anthea, even though it's not as clear as I'd like (not the photography...the face!). Please give her my love when you next speak/correspond with her.
Post a Comment